My Mission!

My Name is Christina Rogers, I love to read and I am a firm believer that books can change a person's life. For instance...Murder in the Cove was the first book I ever read at about 21 years old. I could always read, just never found anything that really sparked my interest, until that book! It still remains one of my favorites to this day. Generation Dead by Dan Waters is a great book for people who are in situations (being bullied mainly) to realize they are not alone. I found solace in that knowledge and it made me feel stronger, and more Confident about myself, seeing these characters overcome so much made me believe I could overcome my adversities as well.

There are so many books out there! Authors of whom you may not have herd of, and there is my primary Goal...To bring to you Not only books others know and love, but also to show you new Authors, and Titles that probably would not have been brought to your attention until now. For instance, Few have herd of Dan Waters Author of The Generation Dead Novels, Michelle Zink who wrote The Prophecy of the sisters. Or Canadian Writers such as, Kathleen J. Farthing- Murder in the Cove, or Lesley Crewe-Relative Happiness, and Shoot me. If this is the case, and you haven't herd of these Writers and their great books you may be missing out on the greatest book you would ever read.
No matter what, there is a book out there for you. Weather it be Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the sisters, where two sisters have to fight against each other in a true test of love and Destiny/fate, or J.K Rowlings Harry Potter Fighting for survival and Friendship. Or maybe you wish to fight Valentine and disobey the Clave in an attempt to save love, and lives in Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices, and Mortal Instruments. There is With out a doubt a book out there that speaks to you.

My mission is to help you find it. I have a very vast Library of books, my goal is to review these books and hopefully open up a world of mystery and magic for you, or Allow you to find a book that will broaden your horizons, and give you facts that you have been searching for. From Non-Fiction to Fiction, Adult to Childhood books I hope to help you find your perfect match.


So give me ideas of what you like, let me know what your favorite Genres of books are. or just browse through what already lies in the pages of this blog, there is something for you, I just Know it!

Happy Reading,

Christina Rogers

Tuesday 28 January 2014

A Taset of Islands

A Taste of Islands (60 Recipes and Stories From Our World of Islands)
Edited by: Anna and Godfrey Baldacchino




 
 
 
First let me say, Yum... Everything looks very delicious!
Living in Gander, NL a lot of the ingredients in this cook book I cannot get, but there are some I could try, for instance Jiggs Dinner, which is something we have here quite a lot, and is vey delicious. But even though I couldn't try all the recipes I was able to look into parts of other cultures with the lovely stories that go with each recipe, I enjoyed reading the stories just as much as I enjoyed looking at all the good food. Also there is a map at the beginning of the book it shows you the different regions and gives you a fair idea of where the ingredients come from, as well as where these dishes are commonly served.
I think this Cook Book is very well put together, I love the color in some of these dishes it just amazes me! for instance Daube of Island Parrot Fish Fillets, So colorful, I want to frame the picture. I think this would be an interesting meal, most likely just as pleasing to the taste buds as it is to the eye. Bamboo rice is something I would like to try, I think I will substitute the bamboo with corn stalks maybe? because I cant get bamboo here in NL. the Mild Pepper Sauce is good, I mix in a little mild hot sauce with it to make a really good Salsa, its delicious. Of course Montreal Poutine is a Favorite of mine, I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't like a good poutine. Penguin pie threw me off a little at first, I like looking at Penguins so much the thought of eating one made me almost sick. But then I thought well we eat Turs, Ducks, Seals, and Rabbits, some people think that's weird, and Now I want to try Penguin Pie, although the meat may very well be hard to come by here.
Being a Sweets person I love the dessert section...My favorite of any cook book! The Baked Banana Mash, Bakewell Pudding, and Ripe Banana Bake, are my favorite ones, I'm making myself Hungry just writing this up. If you are looking for a cook book with some different dishes, and you have a slightly adventurous taste, this is Definitely the cook book for you. Go try it, you really wont regret your decision to try these amazing dishes! 
 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment